Here are some right good websites:
- News sites.
- BBC news on line. The best all-round news coverage in Britain.
- BBC news (in Spanish). Contains news about Southern and Latin America which often gets left out of the mainstream media.
- Radio Five Live. Listen to the radio online. You need Realplayer or something like that.
- Independent on line. Good news coverage, but a lot of the comment articles are pay-per-view.
- Guardian Unlimited on line news. Excellent coverage, crossword is now a paid-for service though.
- The Onion. The most entertaining news in the world.
- Lenin's tomb is a brilliantly left wing blog. He is slightly obsessed with Haiti though for some reason.
- Chickyog is a blogger whose mission seems to be to keep the UK government under close scrutiny.
- The Medialens site attempts to pick the vested interests of the news media out of news coverage.
- Sports Sites.
- NFL official site.
- NFL UK fansite and forum.
- Homepage of BAFRA, for British American football referees.
- UK BAFL forum.
- Refstripes, resources for American Football referees.
- BBC sport on line. Really good sport coverage.
- West Ham official site. Be prepared for lots and lots of adverts and flashing links, but there is no better place to get the latest news about the gods of claret and blue.
- Geek sites.
- Boardgamegeek is the best site for all things related to boardgaming. Reviews and rants about an astonishing range of games both card and board based.
- Computer games walk-throughs and guides.
- The Civfanatics website contains lots of resources for the average Civ-geek, including maps, mod-packs, scenarios, forums and reviews.
- This Buffy fansite contains episode guides to Buffy and Angel as well as Actor profiles.
- Film sites.
- Work related sites.
- Amazon. I love DVDs!!
- Google. Searching the net...
- b3ta, funny and often offensive.
- Train times. Go by train; it's not cheap but you can read on the way!
- Mad-eric's fantasy F1 and Snooker site.
- Pandora.com is a great site where you can customise a radio station to your own tastes.
- Come and be my friend on Facebook!
© Dean Wright, November 2004